I know that I say this every month, but where has October gone?
It was a month that had some pretty big highlights – a glamping trip to the Scenic Rim and a celebration for my father’s 80th birthday – and also a lot of business as usual. It was a month of serious rain – storm season has definitely arrived here in South East Queensland – and sunny blue skies and perfect beach weather.
Just a couple of lowlights – a chronic ankle injury and an attempted fraud on my credit card which has led to the cancellation of said card as I was about to get on a flight to Sydney for a week. Talk about inconvenient! #dontgetmestarted
Anyways, without further ado, let’s wrap this month up.
The month in photos…
The month in sentences…
1.Words at the Surf Club, some great finds at the 2nd hand bookshop and Careful What You Wish For (aka Book No. 6) finished. Plus it’s the Monday of a long weekend.
2. Walk, work, gym, work – just another ordinary Tuesday.
3. Ankle seriously sore – I’ve self diagnosed it as a tendonitis.
4. A big day in the office and more ankle pain.
5. Off to the Scenic Rim and glamping at Ketchup’s Bank. Lunch at the Scenic Rim Brewery and stroganoff cooked in the camp kitchen for dinner. Heavy rain outside, but we’re toasty and warm in our tent.
6. More rain, unusual yet fun wine tasting, and more gourmet delight cooked outside in the camp kitchen.
7. Rain cleared to amazing views this morning. Home again.
If you want to know more about Ketchup’s Bank, check out my post…here.
8. Back to business – walk, whale spouts, work.
9. Hubby in Brissie for the day, massive storm this afternoon – the two aren’t connected.
10. Thunderbolts and lightning – another massive downpour and new phones all round. Wonder of all wonders we no longer have to take our calls on the front lawn.
11. Managed a walk before the rain started. Seriously messy stressy day work wise.
12. Rain, haircut…that’s all.
13. Torrential rain for most of the day – even the cane toads were sheltering on the back step. Spent the morning at the markets in the mud and the afternoon going through slides for Dad’s album.
14. Managed a walk before the rain started again. Spent the day working on Dad’s album – except for procrastibaking triple chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
15. Torrential downpours to start the day. there’s beginning to be a pattern here…
16. Finally a walk before work and there’s a strange colour in the sky – it could almost be blue.
17. The sun is out properly. Hooray.
18. Ankle pain almost unbearable on walk this morning – think it could be time to see someone about it.
19. Caught up on some strategy stuff this morning, podiatrist, lunch date with my daughter at moo-free burgers. And my diagnosis of tendon damage was spot on. Self congratulations all round.
20. Markets this morning and first mango of the year. Weird mushrooms growing in the rosemary.
21. Wander up Maple Street in Maleny, browse in the 2nd hand book shops and lunch at Brouhaha Brewery. Sunday done well.
22. Slow walk on my damaged and taped up ankle, but otherwise business as usual on this blue blue Monday.
23. Another cracker of a day. Happy Ever After sent off for formatting.
24. Ankle slightly better so I took the tape off – possibly a mistake. Fabulous morning that made logging of for work extra hard. Whales spouting away on the horizon.
25. Gorgeous day…and work. That’s all.
26. Happy Birthday to my long-suffering and wonderful husband. Love ya to the end of the blue and back.
27. Off to Sydney and overnighting at my old neighbours…and a rather large night it was!
28. A tad dusty this morning – I’m too old to be mixing drinks. Big family celebration for my Dad’s 80th.
29. Official happy birthday to the old man. Thanks for being the best dad ever. In the actual office for a change.
30. Lunch with my brother and drinks after work with a colleague.
31. Unexpected catch-up with an old friend.
What I read…
It was a light month on the book front. Aside from a few genre romances:
The Girl I Used To Know, Faith Hogan
Billy, Billy Connolly
The Man I Think I Know, Mike Gayle – one of the best books I’ve read this year.
What I watched…
The final episodes of Rake – I think this could actually be the end…
Pacific, with Sam Neill – I’ve really enjoyed this.
Pine Gap – the first episode was really disappointing, but then I got hooked in.
Unforgotten – Series 3…I’m just 2 episodes in, but it’s as good as the previous 2 series.
How was your month?
It’s Lovin’ Life Linky time…
It’s Thursday, so it’s time to look for our happy and share it about a bit. The Lovin’ Life Linky is brought to you by Team Lovin’ Life: Deep Fried Fruit, Debbish, Write of the Middle, 50 Shades of Age, and, of course, me.