The month started with another trip to Sydney for work, was punctuated by a trip to Wellington, New Zealand for pleasure, and contained a lot of rain and, conversely, not much walking.
In other news, I participated in Nanowrimo – National Novel Writing Month – and nailed the 50,000 words in a month challenge. It’s a new book and I’m loving it.
Ok, let’s get the sentence a day thing underway…
1.Still in Sydney, still want to go home.
2. Miracle of miracles – Jetstar on time. Homeward bound.
3. Happy Birthday to Adventure Spaniel.
4. Markets, sun, pool, and lots of words written. I love starting a new novel.
5. Bohemian Bungalow for lunch – quirky, fabulous, and great music.
6. Work ugh. Beach walk and pelican squadrons in the evening.
7. Rain and storms so no walk this morning.
8. Nano word count on the way up. I’m loving how this book is coming together and love Provence Aimee as a writing destination.
9. A little wet on the morning walk, but some great light in the skies.
10. A good start made on the Christmas shopping and grey be gone thanks to my hairdresser.
11. Markets, brekky tacos at Jimmy’s, and spent the afternoon preparing slowly cooked five spice lamb and olive oil chocolate mousse from Nigella’s new book.
12. Food, flavours, scent and story with author Josephine Moon at Cooroy.
13. Do I really need to go to the “office”? I want to keep writing instead.
14. Sarah’s last exam for the Uni year – good luck sweetie.
15. Last day of work for the week and it’s a doozy. Fish and chips by the beach on a balmy Mooloolaba evening.
16. Off to Wellington for the week, but first, have to do battle with the commute to Brisbane airport. Flying across the Sounds is beautiful – there is no blue-green like the blue-green on New Zealand. It’s so good to be back. Sometimes I feel almost quasi-kiwi…is that treasonous?
17. A tour of parliament, a look around the Supreme Court, and an excellent bowl of pho, some shopping and sundowners on the deck. Bliss.
18. More shopping, more touristing, a few cocktails and an excellent dinner at Pomelo on Oriental Bay.
19. Brekky at Caffiend in Petone, a drive around to Makara, the cracking of the Christmas crack and a delayed flight home #orderanotherwine #ilovenewzealand
20. Test files – oh the pain. In other news, passed the 40,000-word mark in nanowrimo.
21. Still raining, still processing test files.
22. Yay Wednesday means writing time, and boy did I get some words done.
23. Meetings, meetings, meetings.
24. Hit the 50,000 words almost a week early. Nanowrimo nailed! Nailed, I say!
25. Grant to Brisbane for a post-cricket catch-up, Sarah to her Christmas party – that means I get a whole uninterrupted evening to re-organise and categorise my blog pages…and watch The Good Wife re-runs.
26. Astro group catch-up in the morning, Christmas tree trimming and present wrapping in the afternoon. All Christmas shopping officially done.
27. Morning walk, afternoon walk, and a tolerable day in the office in between. Monday done well.
28. Test files again… will it ever end?
29. Travel group meet-up tonight – talking travel over Turkish food, don’t mind if I do. A lovely group of ladies. Sarah off to Sydney – I miss her already.
30. It’s raining still. There are rumours of boat-building and a rounding up of animals happening up the hill.
It’s Lovin’ Life Linky time…
It’s Thursday, so it’s time to look for our happy and share it about a bit. The Lovin’ Life Linky is brought to you by Team Lovin’ Life: Deep Fried Fruit, Debbish, Seize the Day Project, Write of the Middle, 50 Shades of Age, Lifestyle Fifty and, of course, me.