We’ve been doing a lot of this time last year type comparisons of late:
- this time last year we bought our Queensland house
- this time last year we put our Sydney house on the market
This time last year…
It doesn’t seem so long ago – but at the same time, it feels like a lifetime.
Anyways, that’s all by the by – the first month of 2018 has flown by. Looking forward to February, it’s a busy one with work trips to Adelaide and Sydney on the schedule and a mini break to Melbourne. In between that, I have some freelance projects that are under deadline and a book that needs to be rewritten. So without further ado, let’s wrap up January so I can get my teeth into February already!
1.Happy New Year…and farewell to Fraser Island…for now.
Dinner at Maroochydore Surf Club…for somewhere different.
2. Brekky at One Block Back, Nice Kiwis back to NZ – it’s been fabulous having you here.
3. Back to work…enough said.
4. Testing and more testing, but also a big afternoon scheduling posts for January on the astro page.
5. Business plan (and post) completed for the year, Word of The Year post scheduled, Wellness goals and Creative Goals posts scheduled, and astro posts written and batched for the rest of January. That’s a huge tick in the box.
7. Another hot one on the coast, but glad we’re not in Western Sydney where it’s 45C! Secrets on the Lake for lunch and some respite from the heat.
Made a batch of corn and ginger soup with the corn I bought yesterday. The recipe is here.
8. Walk this morning, the gym at lunchtime, and the office in between.
9. Cut this morning’s walk short to have a swim as well. It’s hard to imagine that at 6.30am this time last year I would have been on the M2 bus into the city and doing a 90-minute commute to work with no time to exercise and absolutely no walk by the beach.
10. Back into the pool for some black line swimming. I reckon it’s been about 8 years since I did lap swimming, but man, it felt good.
11. Mum and Dad’s 54th wedding anniversary – seriously admirable in this day and age – and Adventure Spaniel gets a clean bill of health from the vet. In other news, my hair is green – I suspect from the chlorine yesterday.
12. Hairdressers – to get rid of the grey…and the green! She sent me home with some gunk that will protect my hair from future green episodes – although sadly not future grey ones. Back into the surf this arvo, so the fresh hair thing didn’t last long.
13. Winnie at Woombye for brekky, followed by a day of swimming, floating, reading…and some more swimming. Saturday done well.
14. Sunshine Coast Collective Markets this morning – scored some great earrings for $8. Pitaya bowls at Little Boat Espresso afterwards.
15. Walk, work, laps – all under a blue sky.
16. Dragged myself to the gym again at lunchtime – poked my bicep to see if it has grown yet…disappointment sets in.
17. Wednesday is usually a writing day, but sadly not today – I had to log into the office instead. Managed a walk in the morning and a swim at lunchtime in between. Big dumping waves down at Mooloolaba thanks to tidal surges and southerly winds.
18. A catch-up call after work with the friend in France I’ll be road-tripping with in April – love planning roadies.
19. My one day of the week to get some words done and boy the writing was a struggle this morning.
20. Went to buy a tart pan and bought a madeleine one instead – which meant I had to make some. The recipe is here.
21. Noosa Farmer’s Market for a change.
22. Friends from Sydney for dinner after work. Barbecue, potato salad and an apple and berry crumble.
23. Happy 76th birthday to my Mum – so grateful for how fit and vital she is and proud she still rocks a bikini.
24. Finally nailed the France road-trip itinerary…watch this space…
25. So humid at 5.30am on this morning’s walk. Train disruptions in Sydney so had to be at my desk early.
26. Australia Day – sun, pool, repeat.
27. Markets, writing and coq au vin and some little almond and apple cakey things (from the Rick Stein French Escapes cookbook) on the menu for diner a la maison. (See how I’m practising my French?)
28. Sunday lunch at Woombye – a real Queensland pub.
29. Walk work gym work walk.
30. Dinner and movie date with my daughter – The Greatest Showman. Spectacular.
31. Stupendous surf this morning, laps at lunchtime (with a visiting AFL team on pre-season training as a distraction) and work in between.
It’s Lovin’ Life Linky time…
It’s Thursday, so it’s time to look for our happy and share it about a bit. The Lovin’ Life Linky is brought to you by Team Lovin’ Life: Deep Fried Fruit, Debbish, Seize the Day Project, Write of the Middle, 50 Shades of Age, and, of course, me.