It feels weird writing about December when I should be writing about 2018, but, of course, one year needs to be finished off before another can begin, so without further ado, let’s wrap December up – a month that started with more rain than I ever thought was possible to fall in a short space of time and finished with sun, sea and tequila. December, you were memorable.
If you’re interested – which of course you are – my year in review can be found here.
1.Tried out the new Asian street food place – Rice Boi – down at the Wharf. I’m in dumpling heaven…
2. Friends for dinner and a Nigella disappointment – the Italian apple cake might look ok, but isn’t a great pudding option.
3. Sarah home from Sydney – yay!
4. Deluge – we have a new water feature in the backyard. Got a walk in before it all started.
5. Sun sneaking through, but another massive storm this afternoon. Managed to get a walk in early this morning though.
Amazing light before the storm (see the frangipanis in the main shot) and an impressive sunset after.
6. Did some writing at The Surf Club this morning and had partition work this arvo.
7. Fabulous walk around the Headland this morning instead of over it. The Marriage Equality Act finally passed parliament – Australia, it’s about time.
8. Lunch at Saltwater at the Wharf – prawn roll and the best chips ever.
Eumundi Christmas markets this afternoon – pissed down and hardly any stallholders there…pretty disappointing.
9. Brissie for bloggers lunch – so good to meet these wonderful ladies in real life. Made it home before the biggest most intense storm we’ve had yet. Queensland is teaching me a lot about rain.
10. Finally got the taxes done and sent down to the accountant in Sydney. Phew.
11. Back to work – do I have to?
12. Gorgeous morning for a walk – such a pity the office is calling.
13. Kali at home delivery doggy day spa and I caught up on astro bloggy stuff.
14. Late afternoon beach swim after work – the best way to finish a working week.
15. Haircut, colour, and time in the pool to undo all the time in the hairdresser’s chair. I’m not that girl who can swim without getting my hair wet – when I’m in, I’m under.
16. Catch up with friends at Alex Surf Club and bedlam in Mooloolaba thanks to the Christmas Boat Parade.
17. Pre Christmas barbecue with friends – the first time we’ve done the entertaining numbers thing in this house – and my lemon curd pavlova is a thing of beauty.
18. Morning walk. Slow on the work front – thankfully.
19. Walk, Work, pool, work, beach – a good balance.
20. Take yesterday and repeat.
21. Drinks at The Dock
and then a Canal Christmas lights cruise to celebrate the end of the working year – what a great night.
22. Disappointing, but not unexpected, news re hubby’s contract – the project is coming to an end. Fabulous news to be going into Christmas with…not.
23. Cleaning, cooking, cleaning, cooking.
24. The Nice Kiwis are here – yay! Lunch at Sum Yung Guys – as good as it always is.
25. Christmas Day – full of a flamboyance of flamingoes and lots of fun.
26. Boxing Day – pool, sun, and a visitor of the serpentine variety to the backyard. I think he’s harmless – he’s certainly very pretty.
Mixed up with tequila, margaritas, and cards against humanity – plenty of laughs.
27. Brekky at The Velo Project, more pool, more sun, and some more visitors – not of the snake variety, thank goodness!
28. Sight-seeing drive through the Hinterland – plenty of others with the same idea. Lunch at the Imperial Hotel in Eumundi.
29. Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island. It’s a hot one, but the breeze on the barge and a late afternoon swim cool us down.
30. Fantabulous 4WD bus tour of Fraser. Swimming at Lake Mackenzie and Eli Creek, picture stops at the Pinnacles and the wreck of the Maheno, and a walk through the valley at Central Station. (Keep an eye out for my post…)
31. New Years Eve. Sun, storms, bush tucker and dancing. Goodbye 2017 – you’ve certainly been an adventure…which was fortunate given that adventure was my word of the year!