October. It was a month of family birthdays, of more rain than I’ve seen in a long time, of bad days in the office, and a lot of miles – both air mails and road miles. Aside from getting through a mountain of stuff in the day job, I finished my copy edit for my new novel, agreed the cover, and signed off on a new logo and social media banner.
Anyways, here’s the month that was October.
1. Marvellous Melbourne – catch-up with an authorly friend, lots of steps and dumplings. 2. Home again – and some much needed rain.
3. More rain – and some planting in the rain.
4. Belly dancing starts back – shimmy shimmy.
5. End of month reporting in the corporate gig and a late afternoon coffee with a friend.
6. Haircut and Guru Life for lunch – there’s no connection between the two. 7. Markets, housework, and an afternoon cooking – including a spiced ginger cake from my new Darren Purchese cookbook. The recipe is here. 8. Checked out Rick’s Garage at Palmwoods for lunch and a late afternoon visit from a Sydney colleague. 9. Morning walk, evening walk, gym in my lunch hour – and a full day in the office.
10. Whales off the beach this morning – what a great start to the day. Followed by a talk on the health of the reefs around the Sunshine Coast with Reef Check Australia.
11. Best whale off the beach sighting yet this season.
12. Awful long, long, long, day in the office – my head hurts.
13. Lunch at Chances – fabulous mussels in laksa broth. 14. Maryborough and Bundaberg, Mary Poppins and rum…and rain, lots of rain. 15. Bargara and a drive past Hervey Bay – and more rain.
16. More rain – in fact we’ve had 3 times the October average rainfall in just 3 days – with more on the way.
17. More rain, flight to Sydney delayed. 18. Sydney, for work…enough said.
19. In the office office and a catch-up with one of my besties for dinner.
20. Home – to the sun.
21. Guess what, it’s raining again – a great day to whip up an Indonesian feast: chicken satays, beef rendang and coconut ice cream all from scratch.
22. Bar snacks and cocktails at Hong Sa at The Spirit House – an early birthday lunch for hubby. 23. Long and awful day in the office. This is becoming a habit.
24. Take yesterday and repeat – but with sun.
25. Belly dancing – I’ve missed the last 2 weeks due to work. We did things with sticks.
26. Happy birthday to my wonderful hubby. Dinner at Bella Venezia at Mooloolaba to celebrate.
27. Nailed my copy edit.
28. Sydney. That’s all.
29. Shopping in the city, Christmas ornaments, and a family catch-up to celebrate my Dad’s birthday.
30. Man, it’s hot! Up to 36C today with a southerly this evening. I have a headache.
31. Still in Sydney, still have a headache. I want to go home.